Artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, digital simulation and Blockchain, among others, were the technologies at the heart of IRT SystemX’s annual event, Future@SystemX. Some 400 people came on March 14 to discover the latest advances in the Institute’s R&D projects and the main results of its partners.
It is under the sign of π that Pascal Cléré, President of IRT SystemX, opened the plenary meeting. This is because March 14 celebrates the annual day of the number π (3.14159), in mathematics and science. This day was chosen because of the American writing of the date 3.14. Plus the joke feature: the meeting began at 1:59 pm!
> See his speech
Two keynote speakers then took the stage in turn:
- Laurence Devillers, IT professor at Université Paris-Sorbonne specializing in the topic “Affective and social aspects of spoken interaction”, first presented her research in the field of affective and social dimensions of spoken interaction with machines.
> See her speech
- Daniel Kaplan, co-founder of the Foundation for new generation Internet (FING) and the “Imaginizing the Future” project, then took over to talk about “Singular transitions: how can we imagine the worlds after us?”.
> See his speech
Éric Perrin-Pelletier, the CEO of IRT SystemX, concluded the plenary meeting with praise for two researchers at the Institute who had recently become qualified to direct research students:
- Ming Chau who defended on the subject of “asynchronous parallel iterations and digital simulation workflows”, and
- Makhlouf Hadji who defended on the topic of “Mathematical Optimization Methods for NFV and Cloud Resource Allocation Problems”.
From left to right: Patrice Aknin (Scientific Director, IRT SystemX), Pascal Cléré (President, IRT SystemX), Makhlouf Hadji (Research Engineer, IRT SystemX), Ming Chau (Research Engineer, IRT SystemX), Éric Perrin-Pelletier (CEO, IRT SystemX)
A demo-tour characterized by innovation and valorization
This year, the demo tour included two villages:
- An Innovation village to explore the latest advances in the IRT SystemX R&D, and go to the heart of the scientific challenges it has taken up.
Eleven projects at IRT SystemX revealed their latest advances in many fields: risk analysis and control, digital simulation, ITS security, autonomous vehicles, cyber security, data analysis, energy management, urban mobility, Blockchain and IoT.
- A Valorization village to discover the emblematic results that IRT SystemX’s partners have obtained via its R&D projects on digital systems engineering in transportation and mobility, communication, digital security and energy.
Awards for the best demonstrations
Throughout their visit, the participants voted for their favorite demonstrations via the Blockchain application, “Vote-as-a-Service”, set up by the BEST (Blockchain Environment for Smart Transactions) platform at IRT SystemX.
At the close of the voting, two prizes were awarded by Jean-Luc Beylat, President of the Systematic Paris-Region centre, and Éric Perrin-Pelletier, President of IRT SystemX: the technological transfer prize and the Innovation prize. And the winners were…
> The SCE team project, Smart City Energy Analytics, for its demonstration Smart Home, created in collaboration with Sherpa Engineering and Reuniwatt.
> The MSM team project, Modeling of Mobility Solutions, for its demonstration on evaluating alternative travel using heterogeneous data analysis.
Future@SystemX: “An event that suscite wonder” says Louis Schweitzer
Louis Schweitzer,Commissaire Général à l’Investissement (head of State investment) concluded the day by saluting IRT SystemX’s success, which he noted had implemented intelligence in its R&D projects and fully justified its position at the heart of the Paris-Saclay campus of excellence.
The Commissaire Général à l’Investissement also took the opportunity of this forum to announce that the eight French IRTs would be receiving funding beyond the ten years initially planned.
For further more: