API – Improving Perception & Interaction
Assess the interest of the latest perception and interaction technologies for two kinds of drivers: first responders (firemen, police emergy squads, etc.) during their emergency missions and individuals.
Vehicle drivers – first responders on emergency calls and ordinary drivers using autonomous cars – must be able to access the right information at the right time, and be able to understand the situation immediately.
Launched in April 2017 for a two-year project, the API project is attempting to meet these needs by building an environment to test the latest perception and interaction technologies and evaluate their contribution to the user experience.
- Study and evaluate innovative perception and interaction technologies appropriate to both first responders and drivers of autonomous vehicles;
- Define and evaluate the most suitable human-machine interface technologies;
- Integrate these technologies into smart systems capable of analysing and instantly understanding the user’s situation;
- Develop and integrate a vehicle demonstrator followed by a pedestrian demonstrator;
- Provide demonstrations of usage scenarios investigated.
|Data science and AI|
- Primo-responders (police emergency squads, firement, etc.);
- Drivers of autonomous vehicle.