The PhD students of IRT SystemX invite you to (re)discover their PhD work on February 22 2017, at 1.30 pm at Nano-INNOV!
Autonomous vehicles, digital simulation, multimodal transportation, cybersecurity, Smart City, mobility, energy, blockchain… all these topics will be raised at this first edition of ThesisDay@SystemX.
This event will be marked by three important highlights:
- Patrice Aknin, Scientific Director, IRT SystemX, and Milena Klasing-Chen, head of the innovative design project at SNCF, will give a keynote on the following topic: “Structuring the research relationships between science and industry: the C-K (Concept-Knowledge) co-generation method”.
- 15 SystemX PhD students will then have “3 minutes to convince you“: inspired by the “My thesis in 180 seconds” competition, this session will feature 15 PhD students in succession, presenting their thesis subject in only 3 minutes. Two prizes will be awarded to the winners: the jury prize and the prize from the public. You are all welcome to come, encourage and vote for them!
- Finally, some 30 young researchers will display their posters and present their respective thesis subjects. A further prize will be awarded for the best poster.
|1.30 pm – 2 pm||Welcoming coffee|
|2 pm – 2.15 pm||Introduction|
|2.15 pm – 2.45 pm||Keynote: “Structuring the research relationships between science and industry: the C-K (Concept-Knowledge) co-generation method”, Patrice Aknin, IRT SystemX, and Milena Klasing-Chen, SNCF|
|2.45 pm – 4 pm||3 minutes to convince you|
|4 pm – 5.15 pm||Posters’ session and and jury’s deliberation|
|5.15 pm – 5.45 pm||Awards ceremony and conclusions|
Composition of the Jury
Patrice Aknin, Scientific Director, IRT SystemX
Virginie Boisgontier, Communications Director, IRT SystemX
Sandra Dausend, Research Engineer, IRT SystemX
Gilles Desoblin, Internet of Trust Program Director, IRT SystemX
Jean-Luc Dion, University Professor, Supméca
Milena Klasing-Chen, Project Manager, SNCF
Nelson Marques, Project Engineering Leader, Alstom
Hamida Muller, Responsible for the Administrative Management of the Université Paris-Saclay Doctoral College, Coordinator of the “Doctoral Training” Axis, Université Paris-Saclay
SystemX PhD close up
SystemX allows its doctoral students to specialize in a eld with promise for the future, a er obtaining an engineering or master’s degree. Throughout their theses, they will be in a dynamic environment combining the expertise of professionals from the industrial and academic worlds in the institute’s research projects.
Plunged into the heart of a scienti c and technical community at the leading edge of tomorrow’s techno- logies, they are building up a strong network and are developing unique expertise which will be the key to their professional future.
As the number of places is limited, registration is mandatory:
For further information
- [My thesis in 3 years] Interview with Frédéric Tuong
- [My thesis in 3 years] Interview with Aurélien Carlier
- [My thesis in 3 years] Interview with Sarah Julisson
This event is organized in partnership with