CONNECT – Continuous and Efficient Cooperative Trust Management for Resilient CCAM
Address the convergence of security and safety in Cooperative, Connected and Automated Mobility (CCAM)
CONNECT establishes a trust management framework centred on zero-trust which expands by assessing dynamic trust relationships based on who is involved in providing the information. Combining the vehicle’s systems with information available in the cloud, it expands the knowledge on the environment required for decision making, outsources the calculations in a trustworthy way to the backend of the cloud, and helps to make faster decisions. This increases, cooperatively and without delay, the safety of autonomous driving. Thanks to the features of CONNECT that facilitate next generation ITS solutions, it can address challenges in the era of personal mobility and environmental sustainability.
The vision of the project is to address the convergence of security and safety in CCAM by assessing dynamic trust relationships and defining a trust model and trust reasoning framework based on which involved entities can establish trust for cooperatively executing safety-critical functions.
SystemX contributes in particular to the topic of V2X data trustworthiness and leads the use case of misbehaviour detection for the collective perception service.
The kickoff of CONNECT took place in September 2022 in Athens.
CONNECT project is funded by the European Union under the Horizon Europe Research and Innovation Program (Grant Agreement n° 101069688).
- Novel trust modelling framework for CCAM
- Context Aware Continuous Trust Assessment in Zero Trust CCAM
- Extending the stand-alone vehicle domain to safe and security solutions distributed from vehicles to MEC and Cloud
- Secure “Chip-to-Cloud” assurance solutions for enablement of trustworthy and resilient safety-critical automotive services
- Shape the ethical dimensions of trust management in the Next-Generation CCAM technologies
- Simulation, Validation & Evaluation of CONNECT Framework in Inter- and Intra-Vehicle Real-Case Safety-Critical Scenarios in the context of Connected Cars and Autonomous Driving
|Digital security and blockchain|
|IoT and networks|
- Autonomous Mobility
- Multi-Access Edge Computing (MEC) providers