Part of its international development strategy, the Technology Research Institute IRT SystemX, based in Paris-Saclay campus (France), has opened an office in Singapore to develop technology research projects in collaboration with highly ranked international institutes. The research projects are established in partnership between French companies with interests in Asia, and local academic institutions. The industrial challenges that SystemX is addressing for the development and deployment of autonomous transportation services and solutions are:
- Modeling and simulation of autonomous transportation systems.
- Design of safe and flexible autonomous vehicle architectures.
- Development of secure and safe software and hardware.
- Engineer coherent human / vehicle / and environment interactions.
Within NTU (IRT SystemX-Singapore), the research engineer will join a project team of research engineers working on topics related to autonomous transportation systems. He will report directly to the Director of the Autonomous Transportation Program; he will report operationally to a project manager.
The position is based in Singapore at the prestigious Nanyang Technological University. The engineer will work in a project context whose ultimate objective is to develop and demonstrate a simulation based test framework for the evaluation and validation of performance, reliability and safety of autonomous vehicles under different road and environmental conditions. A particular objective is to validate the simulation models by means of physical tests on a test circuit.
The main missions is to:
- Design and develop a decision module that informs ADSs of autonomous vehicles of the decisions to be taken based on perceived information.
- Define a functional architecture for the perception of the environment.
- Develop (or use) sensor models in accordance with the defined perception architecture (Camera, Radar, Lidar, V2X, Navigation, etc.).
- Develop (or use) multi-sensor data fusion models in accordance with the defined perception architecture.
- Propose decision support algorithms for ADS.
Computer /software engineer, with an engineering degree and/or a PhD, you have a first professional experience in the domain of data science.
- Strong numerical modelling skills and a good understanding of sensor models.
- In-depth understanding of data acquisition, processing, analysis and fusion processes.
- Competence in algorithmic computer programming.
- Knowledge of the data science issues and challenges associated with the validation of autonomous vehicles.
- Ability to carry out statistical analyses from different data sources.
- With analytical skills, strong autonomy and team spirit, the research engineer will have to demonstrate a keen sense of organization and perform the tasks assigned to him/her rigorously.
- Ability to work as a project: reporting on progress and communicating results.
- Ability to communicate both speaking and writing (French and English).
REF: DOP 053