Startups help to meet the challenges of industry by providing innovative solutions. They contribute to our research and development work in an open innovation approach, and are a force for new ideas. For all these reasons, SystemX wishes to intensify its work with startups.
An initiative in the service of startups
START@SystemX makes use of IRT SystemX’s academic and industrial collaborative forces to address the major industrial challenges in digital technology. The initiative is directed at innovative startups seeking to build tomorrow’s new services in close collaboration with the large industrial groups, SMEs and academics that partner the Institute.
The START@SystemX initiative concerns topics that address the digital issues facing industry. Regular calls for startups will be made on precise topics, for which startups can apply via the website dedicated to the initiative. Two thematics are already ongoing:
- Cybersecurity, or how enhance cyberattacks resilience for future connected systems
- Mobility, or how to transform tomorrow’s travel
- Blockchain, or how to support new services and uses associated to this technological breakout
A beneficial arrangement
The selected startups will thus gain:
- A preferential access to a finalized research project alongside established partners, benefiting from their experience and data,
- Close collaboration with IRT SystemX’s industrial and academic partners,
- Assistance with technological innovation via access to IRT SystemX’s platforms plateformes
- Practical experiments for their innovative solutions in highly reactive and visible places,
- Enhancement of their solutions vis à vis stakeholders in the market
- Assistance with implementing their business projects.
Édith Nuss, CEO and co-founder, Nextérité
“START@SystemX program enabled Nextérité to work alongside large companies on research and development programs directly serving their needs. In addition to its technical interest, the program enabled us better to understand the requirements of our partners Alstom and the RATP… and also gain better knowledge of their organizations! Last but not least, START@SystemX gave the opportunity of many meetings both in the project team, and with with high level professionals that were highly motivated by the possibilties and challenges of new technologies for industry and society; another opportunity was the commercial contacts beyond the project team, not least IRT SystemX’s largest partners.”, Édith Nuss
Jonathan Bouaziz, Founder and CEO, Citodi