IRT SystemX is distinguished by its use case driven approach. It builds its collaborative research projects by taking into account industrial constraints, in order to support the digital transformation of industries and services.
The institute focuses its research activities around four priority application sectors:
- Mobility and autonomous transport: proposing innovative mobility solutions to support the transformation of territories and uses.
- Industry of the future: anticipating the evolution of system life cycles of the systems to strengthen industry performance.
- Defense and security: developing comprehensive security solutions for a trusted digital economy.
- Environment and sustainable development: harnessing the potential of digital technology to support the ecological transition.
SystemX relies on four levers to identify the priority issues to be addressed within each of these application sectors:
- societal needs with environmental and regulatory guidelines,
- the roadmaps of the Institute’s industrial partners and technological developments,
- academic recommendations and top scientific challenges,
- the internal skills and technological platforms developed at IRT SystemX.